Table of Contents
America’s Oil and gas industry in America is enormous, and it requires a lot of people to make sure things go well. Numerous teams and employees are involved in running operations, including those who handle safety concerns.
Texas oilfield offers many workers the chance to receive a fair wage in a reputable and reliable industry. However, employers don’t adhere to all the regulations and rules they must adhere to according to Texas State and Federal law.
The 20th century saw a dramatic change and economic growth in the state of Texas due to the famous Texas oil boom. This led to rapid development, and industrialization, giving birth to new employment opportunities. Working in the Texas oil fields saw increased oilfield-related injuries and deaths.
If you have a loved one injured or if you know someone who died wrongfully in an oilfield accident in Texas, a Texas oilfield lawyer can help you to navigate the maze of insurance, the company’s medical treatment, and monetary compensation.
The most common causes of oilfield accidents
Talking about causes and oilfield accident settlement depends upon the severity of the damage and the length of time required to recover. The lawyers in Texas charge about 33% of the settlement amount. Some common causes of the accidents are –
1. Poorly maintained equipment can cause serious problems, especially if it is old or malfunctioning. For instance, if you fail to uphold your forklift correctly, it could become unstable and tip over, causing severe damage. These incidents often lead to severe injuries or even death.
2. Lack of training is another common factor leading to workplace injuries. Employees who do not understand how to use specific tools or machines may accidentally injure themselves while performing routine tasks.
3. Faulty machinery can also lead to injuries. If you notice something wrong with your machine before using it, you can prevent yourself from getting injured. For example, you could cut yourself if your device does not have adequate guards around sharp edges.
4. Unsafe work practices are equally important because they put people at risk of being harmed. For example, if you are required to perform a task unsafely, you could slip and fall. You could also be exposed to hazardous chemicals or electricity without proper precautions. These types of risks are present in many workplaces.
5. The best way to avoid workplace injuries is to follow safe procedures whenever possible. Make sure that you know where the dangers are located, and make sure that you wear the appropriate protective gear.
What determines responsibility for a Texas oilfield lawyer?
You should brief your employer immediately if you are hurt on the job. They will provide information regarding your rights under state and federal laws. In addition, they will tell you whether or not they have worker’s compensation coverage. If they do not offer this protection, you need to find out if you qualify for other benefits such as unemployment insurance.
You should also file a claim with your state’s workers’ compensation office. It will ensure that you receive medical attention and financial assistance until you recover.
You should also consult with an experienced Texas oilfield lawyer who has experience handling similar cases. The charges of a lawyer in Texas are generally between $130 and $415 per hr. That will depend on their experience level and whether they work out of an office or at home.
Workplace accidents happen every day. However, most employers are willing to pay their employee’s fair compensation when these accidents occur. Unfortunately, some companies are less than honest about their responsibilities. You should seek legal advice if you suspect your employer is not following the law. An experienced Texas oilfield attorney can help you determine what steps should be taken next. So, look for top options and pick the one that fits best.
That was it for this article. If you found it helpful, consider checking out our blog Times Of Future!